Dec 20 2018 0 Comments
So you’ve received your wig, worn it a good few time and now it’s ready to be washed (Sigh) . But what do you do if styling hair isn't your strength? Below I’ve outlined a simple wash/style routine along with recommended products you can use. This routine not only gives you great results but is also pretty easy to follow...
- Wash your wig using Garnier Ultimate Blends Argan Richness shampoo and follow up with the same conditioner.
- Wrap your unit in cellophane or alternatively place it in a plastic bag and keep somewhere warm ( radiator etc), this will open up the cuticles so moisture can be absorbed.
- Depending on your preference you can condition your unit for a short period or leave it to condition overnight.
- Rinse away the conditioner with cold water to close the cuticles, it helps to retain the moisture from the conditioner.
- Air dry your unit
- Once your unit is fully dry, spray in some heat protector spray
- Use your curling iron of choice, section your hair in 1 ½ inch sections and wrap the hair around the curling iron (make sure you’re wrapping the hair in the same direction each time).
- Release the curls from the curling iron slowly into the palm of your hand, let the curls down slowly allowing them to cool as they fall. This helps keep the shape for longer.
- Once you’ve completed your whole head spray in some hold spray.
- Finger comb in some argan oil and you’re done!
Extra Tip : If you’d like a looser wave pattern, brush the curls with a synthetic bristle brush till you’ve got the results you want.